Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fabulous Field Trip

Meg is 2nd from right on the top
On the ride there, note the beautiful scenery in the background :/

6th grade beauties at the Food Court
Last weekend Meghan and I went to Reno with her middle school choir so they could perform at the Reno Jazz Festival, which is held every year at the University of Reno, Nevada. I was very excited to go because I haven't been on a field trip with Meghan in a long time. Although, I was a little hesitant about the eight and a half hour bus ride with 27 6th graders. All in all, it was a great weekend, even with the 40 degree dip in temperature and rain. The kids sang wonderfully as usual, and were rewarded with an "almost" perfect score (missed by one point). These are some things I learned:
1. There are still mean girl groups as young as 6th grade, and having cell phones to write nasty things to each other on makes it even worse. (Just another reason Meghan doesn't get one until she's 14).
2. My daughter is extremely polite in social situations where she is required to be quiet and attentive.
3. My daughter can be very naughty when left in a hotel room full of friends who are "also" jumping on the beds!
4. I'm definitely getting older....I had to sit right in the middle of the bus so that the screamers in the back, nor the gossiping texters in the front, got to the me.
5. I'm still young enough to have fun. Meghan's friends were great, and we had a fun time walking around campus and enjoying the shows.
6. Mrs. Ligon, the choir teacher, is still AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment