Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother Knows Best

With Mother's Day coming up on Sunday, I thought it was the perfect time to make a tribute to my mother. All my life, I have looked up to my mother in so many ways. She is strong, organized, smart, loving, NURTURING, skilled and so much more. To really tell you how great she is, here is a story:


Last year when Katy was going to her Senior Homecoming they were having a bit of trouble finding a dress. It was very last minute and they still hadn't found one. It is especially hard to find dresses with sleeves and that are long enough so that was one of the main issues. Finally they went to a normal department store and found a dress that fit Katy perfectly, was a really good deal and was perfect length. One problem: NO SLEEVES!! Being the skilled seamstress that my mother is, she had an idea. Buy the Medium size dress AND the Extra Small size dress. She used the extra small to make sleeves for Katy and a matching tie for her date, Matt. Of course it looked great and she did it in a matter of days.


So there we are. Even though we always make fun of my mom for her "When I was younger I walked to school everyday" blah blah blah stories, we love and respect her none the less. She always knows what to do, and like Grandma Reese always says, "Mother knows best" :)





1 comment:

  1. Awesome cook! Awesome seamstress! Awesome pianist! Awesome mom! Awesome daughter! Awesome sister!

    ReplyDelete