Friday, February 20, 2009

Everyone's a Hottie to Someone!

About five years ago I realized when I went out in public with my daughters, that I was invisible. People looked right through me, or around me to look at my girls. Sometimes I was forced to get their attention when it was a 40-year old man looking at my 15-year old daughter, and give him the death stare, but generally I was just invisible. It seems the older my daughters and I got, the more invisible I became. Then the worst thing of all happened. I didn't even need to have my daughters with me to be invisible--horrors! I took to crying on my husband's shoulder about my waning youth, etc. He was a sweetie and always assured me that for my age I looked great! Thanks, honey. Recently though, I went to wal-mart and spent the morning being greeted warmly by nice looking, well-dressed men. One started a conversation in the laundry soap aisle about the benefits of non chlorine bleach on colored fabrics, another smiled a warm, friendly smile, clearly showing I wasn't invisible. One nice gentleman struck up a conversation in the checkout line about politics and finally another practically wore out his brakes stopping his truck so I could cross the parking lot to my car. All this attention prompted me to text my best friend the following message: "I finally found the age group that still finds me attractive...60 year old men." To which she replied: "It's ok, 60 is the new 40." And that, my friends, is the reason I will always be best friends with Margo, and the reason we will be so competitive on The Amazing Race when we try out,because she is brilliant!!

2 comments:

  1. That was so cute!! The beginning was a little dramatic but cute! I love you!!!!(You will always be my pretty mommy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you will always be my hottie sister! Sad thing is, the 60 year olds (and older) were the only men that paid any attention to me as soon as I hit my 30's. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete